Friday, January 2, 2015

Name that tune...

"Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done wondrous deeds..."
Psalm 98:1
 
New year, new song! Have you thought about what your new song will be for 2015? I sent a reflection paper into my Spiritual Direction instructor and she sent me back her thoughts.  One thing she mentioned has really stuck with me this week and that is the "essential truth" of surrender.  Realizing that "God knows more and better than we do."  I have to admit, I don't use the term "surrender" too often.  It's right there next to "obedience," I'm afraid.  I have to really hunt for those words in my vocabulary--I rarely dust them off and use them.  But I have thought about surrender these past several days.  And I thought about what I'd like to surrender to God; the new song I'd like to sing this year.  What about you? Have you a new song to sing this brand new year? Blessings and prayers for your 2015...Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment