Wednesday, January 14, 2015

An excellent prescription!

"Rising very early before dawn, Jesus left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed."
Mark 1:35
 
This was one of the best fruits of the Cursillo for me.  There were many, certainly, but the idea of getting up early in the morning, cracking open the Word of God and praying with it was positively unheard of for me prior to 1998.  Why would anyone do that? I had three kids and a discombobulated mother...I needed my sleep!  But in all those years since, I'm truly awed by how God has nourished me during those early-before-dawn moments. The time spent with God in prayer and scripture fuels me for the day ahead like nothing else could--not even an extra forty winks. I also find that what I read in the morning is carried through the day and I draw on the positive messages I receive. Jesus knew he received all he needed from his Abba during those times he went off alone to pray. His mission was tiring and difficult and he knew exactly where to turn for help.  He teaches us where to turn too.  Let's try to carve out some extra time today to spend with God. It's just what the doctor orders! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment