Thursday, January 29, 2015

Filled up to be poured out...

"We must consider how to rouse one another to love and good works."
Hebrews 10:24
 
Everything I've read and prayed with lately has been pushing me outward--that is, leading and guiding me to put new legs on my faith and get moving. I've discovered how wonderful it is to have a quiet relationship with Jesus and now Jesus is urging me out to serve others.  Our faith is not just for ourselves, but it is for the whole community. Our gifts are not just for us, but for all.  As cozy and comfortable it is to spend time with just Jesus, those times must lead to the loving service of others.  As I am being filled, I am called to be poured out.  And that is much harder for me!  Jesus continually challenges us to step out of our comfort zones and trust that we will be given what we need to help build up his Kingdom.  Seems like a big job for a winter Thursday, but let's try!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment