Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Blessed are the meek?

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the land."
Matthew 5:5
 
We, here in Idaho Falls, had the first night of our parish mission last night on the Beatitudes.  Our presenter, Mary Sharon Moore, through the gift of the Holy Spirit, really got me thinking--especially when we discussed this one, the third Beatitude.  Blessed are the meek...
Who are the meek?  Why would meekness be considered to be a good trait?  Why would the meek be considered blessed? It was so rich to learn that the meek are those who are pliable and flexible to the will of God.  The meek are not the wishy-washy people who cower and hem and haw about stuff.  The meek are those who leave their own agenda and embrace the will of God. Just like Mary, who said, "May it be done to me according to your word." (Luke 1:38)  I will need to continue to pray with this for some time.  I tend to take such comfort in future plans, am I not being pliable enough? The plans I have in mind for the future get me through the day to day now...plans for retirement, doing something different from what I've done for these long many years.  But am I leaving enough room for God's plans?  This is amazing, Friends! Love, heidi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment