Monday, March 23, 2015

Who is without sin?

"Neither do I condemn you. Go, and from now on do not sin any more."
John 8:11
 
Most often, when this reading comes up, I think of it as Jesus' answer to the death penalty debate.  I still feel that, but I also caught a glimpse of something else today, perhaps worth mentioning. Earlier in this Gospel Jesus said, "Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." (v. 7)  Pray-as-you-go asked the question "Who is without sin?"  And that brought to my mind the times I judge others harshly and unfairly.  I am certainly NOT without sin, so there should be no stones in my pockets at all! And yet, I finger them in my pockets every time I judge someone else. Today, these words of Jesus will be at the top of my mind.  "Neither do I condemn you..."  Lord, please help me to drop the stones out of my pockets. I have no right or reason to judge others harshly.  I, myself, have been forgiven and treated with mercy.  Please help me to do the same for everyone I meet today!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment