Monday, May 4, 2015

Connected to the Vine and each other...

"I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit."
John 15:5
 
We had a wonderful homily on this yesterday that I am still processing today.  The part of it that really struck me is our connectedness to each other...with our fellow humans.  We are to stay connected to Jesus, our Vine, but that is manifested through our connectedness to each other, our human family.  I thought about how much easier it seems for me to be connected to God, but that is not real or manifested if I am not connected to my earthly folks.  I can enjoy my Silent Sundays and time spent with just God.  But, somehow, that wonderful time needs to bear fruit with my neighbors or it just dies on the vine.  Silent Sunday must lead me into loving better on Monday and the entire rest of the week or I might as well spend the whole Sunday watching TV!  (Yikes!) Loving God is easy.  Reaching out to others is the harder part, for me anyway.  But loving our neighbors IS loving God. And loving God will help us love our neighbors.  Staying connected to our loving Vine will help us to love each other better!  Food for thought as we begin a spring work week!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment