Friday, May 1, 2015

St. Joseph, let's get to work!

"O glorious St. Joseph, model of all those devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, to work with gratitude and joy..."
Pope Pius X
 
It seems interesting celebrating St. Joseph the Worker today after going to a fun retirement party last night, but here we are! I think my favorite part of this little prayer is the idea of working with gratitude and joy, because so often, as I drag myself up and out on a Monday morning, gratitude and joy are not my first inclination.  On a Friday I can muster up a bit of both so here I go.  I am indeed grateful to do what I do.  I can look back through my life and see God putting the desire within my heart to do this work and opening doors for me for the education and training.  God is all over this work!  And there is also a great deal of joy in meeting the people that I serve and being able to assist them in some small way.  So, on this feast of St. Joseph the Worker, I gather all the gratitude and joy within me and roll up my sleeves for another go at it.  And it should be easy.  It's Friday!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment