Friday, May 15, 2015

Worth every wince...

"When a woman is in labor, she is in anguish because her hour has arrived; but when she has given birth to a child, she no longer remembers the pain because of her joy that a child has been born into the world."
John 16:21
 
I think being a mother is the most worthwhile thing I have ever done. It towers over any other accomplishments, easily. I look at the adults our kids have become and I am truly in awe.  Not just because of what they do or have done, but because of who they are. They are good people. They come from good, hardworking folks--their grandparents and great-grandparents, and they are good folks too.  And that is a tremendous blessing from God. Jesus is right in this Gospel-- the wee bit of pain of motherhood is worth every wince when I see the lovely kids God gave to us.  Lord, help me to realize that every difficulty and trial can be worth it as you walk with me, by my side.  You make every single event of my life meaningful, no matter how things may work out, just by your presence with me.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment