Thursday, June 11, 2015

Love God...

"Jesus said, 'If you bring your gift to the altar, and there recall that your brother has anything against you, leave your gift there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother...'"
Matthew 5:23-24
 
This scripture brings home the point that we cannot love God in a vacuum.  It's never about just God and us, but about God, the rest of humanity and us.  What we are given from God must be shared with others. Our worship of God must have hands and feet in our world today.  Jesus told Peter, "Tend my sheep," to finish Peter's sentence, "Yes, Lord, you know I love you..." (John 21:15-19). And that, to me, is the hard part. God and I would be just fine without the interruption of the rest of the world! But it sure doesn't work that way, does it?  My love for God must show in this world, through my love for God's people.  Love God. Love God's peeps.  That could be a bumper sticker!  Love, heidi
Oh, there will be no Heidi-Grams next week, as I am off to retreat and then Spiritual Direction school.  Prayers for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment