Thursday, August 13, 2015

Forgive...even ourselves

"...how often must I forgive...?"
Matthew 18:21
 
In praying with this reading this morning, and listening to Pray-As-You-Go, I've come to realize that guilt and a lack of forgiveness are two sides of the same unsavory coin.  Jesus tells us to forgive others as God forgives us. God forgives us. Do we forgive ourselves?  I can harbor resentments toward myself just as I hang onto long-past hurts from others.  Both are not of God and something I need to pray to move past.  Lord, please help me to forgive others and myself.  Your mercy is big enough for all!  This is a beautiful summer day with all the good gifts of your bountiful harvest! Let nothing, especially my weakness in forgiving others and my guilt, come between us today!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment