Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hold my tongue!

"Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know the whole of it."
Psalm 139:4
 
And, since this is true, O Lord, could you please keep me from saying it?  All too often, it seems, I say the wrong thing, think about it later, and cringe.  Just last week I had a very cringe-worthy experience with a health care worker and, in my head, was mired in the encounter for days afterward (who am kidding? I'm still upset about it!)  When we are "in the moment" of an issue we just talk, perhaps not giving as much thought as to what we should say or how we are being perceived while saying it. I guess it's reassuring to know that God knows what's about to come out of our mouths, but I sure wish God would control my tongue a bit more vigorously!  Lord, you know everything about me, including my tendency to speak before thinking.  Please help me slow down and really consider what I'm saying; help me to be kind and loving to others.  Wrestle with my tongue, if you have to, but please, help me to be a better witness of you when I speak!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment