Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Invitation to love...

  "Jesus answered him, 'Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.'"
Luke 9:58
 
Jesus is inviting his would-be followers (and us) into a life of uncertainty. And that's scary, isn't it? I have a nest...a lovely little nest that I'm comfortable and cozy in and enjoy every day.  Does it keep me from following Jesus? I have to live somewhere, right? Our need for security and certainty can keep us pre-occupied and distracted about our lives in this world.  There is a delicate balance between planning and saving for the future and answering Jesus' call to live for the Kingdom now and helping those who have less.  I wrestle with this constantly! I think this conundrum is what Jesus is asking us to pray about today with this reading.  How far out on a limb am I willing to go to follow Jesus? Does what I have keep me from loving Jesus fully? And by that, loving others fully?  A good question to take to prayer...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment