Thursday, October 1, 2015

The "Little Way"...

"Into whatever house you enter, first say, 'Peace to this household...'"
Luke 10:5
 
In my work I mostly go into the homes of my clients to mark appliances or find other ways to help them function independently in their daily lives.  Some houses are warm, cozy and welcoming, others--not so much.  The other day, I found myself crawling around on the floor of an office, which was in a garage, to plug in a new phone for the client.  Some days this job isn't glamorous at all!  I bristled at the idea of hunting, on my hands and knees, for the phone jack and then I hit my head on a low table. Ouch! But, in reality, this is exactly what God wants me to do. God wants me to put myself aside and serve the people I am there to serve. Maybe if I'd thought to bring a bit of peace to this garage first, I would have had a better attitude. Our saint du jour is St. Therese of the Child Jesus, and her "Little Way" of doing small things for God, with love, is exactly how we can serve God in our daily lives.  Even if that includes crawling around on a garage floor.  Especially if it means crawling around on a garage floor!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment