Thursday, September 3, 2015

The calls and the mira-calls

"For astonishment at the catch of fish they had made seized him and all those with him..."
Luke 5:9
 
When we accept the call from Jesus do we always witness an accompanying miracle?  Peter and his friends in today's Gospel come in from a night of fishing with a meager catch.  Jesus tells them to "Go deep!" And they return with nets so full they are tearing!  Jesus follows up the miracle with a call to them to become "fishers of people." My question today is, what miracle did we witness when Jesus called us?  We have all been called by Jesus...what was the accompanying miracle?  As I thought about this, I remembered so many times in my life when I felt the call...and then I could recount the miracle. The Spanish word "mira" means "look."  It is a lovely prayer to just sit with Jesus and remember your calls and your "mira-calls"...Look at the calls from Jesus and see the miracles accompanying them.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment