Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Soften my heart!

  "Looking around at them with anger and grieved at their hardness of heart, Jesus said to the man..."
Mark 3:5

"Hardness of heart," hummm.. What is that exactly?  Yesterday, I had a long bus ride home from visiting my daughters over the weekend.  The weekend was amazing...God-tracks all over the place.  It's so much easier to see God in a lively celebration than it is in a long, mundane bus ride.  It's so easy to get frustrated with our fellow human beings when they have the theme song from the Smurfs as a very loud ringtone.  It's so easy to be crabby when waiting for the bus connection takes longer than the trip itself.  But what better time to work on softening our hearts? We had a mission speaker last year who made it a point to travel by bus everywhere she went! There are lessons to be learned--patience and humility for two, while squeezing in with our fellow travelers on the metaphorical journey.  Sad to say, I wasn't open to learning them yesterday.  My heart was too hardened, I guess. Thankfully, today is a new day, full of new lessons to learn.  Lord, please soften my heart today! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment