Friday, March 18, 2016

Drawn, not driven...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence, rely not..."
Proverbs 3:5
 
I mentioned the other day that I am taking a Hospice volunteer class, this week and next.  It has been truly wonderful but I confess to you, I don't know exactly why I'm taking it,  other than I felt drawn to it.  I'm not sure why God has beckoned me to this, but I'm gradually learning not to question these things. I will just to go along and, someday, it may be clearer.  I've learned through reading "Inner Compass" by Margaret Silf, that God draws us into things God wants us to do.  Other things, we may feel driven to do, for ourselves, out of guilt or others may drive us to do them.  But, when we feel a gentle beckoning, an innermost desire, a wee little nudge--that is God.  God may not give us the reason right away, for why we are to do things. But, we can rest assured that there is a reason and God will fill us in eventually.  This weekend, as we embark on Holy Week, let's spend some time in silence, just listening to God's still, small voice.  Let's open our hearts to any beckoning, any desire we may feel drawn to do. Let's prepare to walk with Jesus during Holy Week.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment