Thursday, March 17, 2016

Our Divine pedigree

 "May your home always be too small to hold all your friends. God is good, but never dance in a small boat."
~Irish blessing
 
Blessings on your St. Patrick's Day!  Although we always celebrated like Irishmen, I wasn't aware of any REAL Irish relatives until about 20 years ago.  I learned, through a distant relative who had done some family history, that my great-grandmother was Ellen McKiernan who came to this country as a ten year old, from Ireland!  Begorrah, that was good news!  I knew there had to be some green blood in me somehow! And, just as exciting as it was to find out I'm Irish, it's exciting when we realize that we have a Divine inheritance as well. We are sons and daughters of God and brothers and sisters in Christ and that is a pretty powerful pedigree, isn't it? So, let's raise a glass today to our Irish ancestors and friends, such a rich part of the immigrant fabric of our country. Let's raise a glass to St. Patrick, bishop of Ireland whose feast is today. And let's raise a glass, thanking God that we are family...the family of God. And be careful while dancing in the boat...Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment