Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Food from heaven

"You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you..."
John 15:3-4

When I was praying with this Gospel this morning, what came to me is how Jesus nourishes us, as the Vine.  We are nourished through the Word and also through the Eucharist by Jesus, not unlike a mother nursing her child.  We are given the food necessary for us to grow and bear fruit, if we just do what comes naturally to us and take it all in.  Even the pieces of our lives that may not feel connected to our spirituality are nourished by Jesus.  Our comings and going throughout the day may be very secular, but they can still be nourished by our Jesus.  Every facet of our lives needs to be connected and fed by Jesus.  Today, let's find whatever image helps us to realize how Jesus nourishes us to do all that we do in our day. For me it is the image of the nursing mom, gazing down at the child in her arms, realizing that the child is growing and is nourished by this glorious food she is able to provide. Jesus provides that for us...every second of every day!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment