Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Peace I leave with you...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you..."
John 14:27

I was thinking about this "Jesus peace" the other day as I was driving.  What does it look like in my everyday life? How is it different than what the world gives me? And what really got me wondering is how do people live without it? How do people without a lifeline to Jesus survive in this crazy world?  I experience the peace of Jesus when my mind goes off to some anxiety or future concern.  Like thinking ahead to retirement and will I have enough to live on? Yikes! That's when I flash to these words of Jesus and feel reassured.  "God will be with me to see me through that time, just like God has been with me all throughout my life." Ah yes, peace. There it is. Or when I feel anxious about something going on now...Yikes, this!  Wait, God is with me in this...God got me into this, most likely.  God will help me through.  I rely on these thoughts so often that I really do wonder how people manage without a vibrant, active relationship with God.  My reliance on God is a daily, hourly, constant comfort to me.  It is a deep, reassuring peace when all around me may feel like it's spinning out of control.  Ah yes, there it is. Peace. The peace only God can give. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment