Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Growing down...

"At that time Jesus exclaimed: 'I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike."
Matthew 11:25

So, which are we? Are we the wise and learned or are we the childlike? Good question, today, posed by the folks at Pray-As-You-Go.  If anything, I tend to think we grow backwards into being more childlike as we age.  For one thing, the older I get the more I realize I don't know.  Where I was more confident and self assured in my youth, I feel much less sure of myself now.  Oh, there are some things I feel "smart" about, but overall, I feel less and less sure.  When it comes to God stuff, I feel more childlike because the longer I'm around the more vividly I see God working.  God is around every corner, working amazing miracles everyday.  I didn't see that in my youth.  There may have been a miracle here and there, but I wasn't able to see God in all things then.  I had to grow down a bit to recognize that I can't draw a breath without God's help. God works up a sweat helping me in my life, day after day.  I had to grow older and grow down to really appreciate God in my life.  That's something to think and pray about this Wednesday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment