Sunday, November 6, 2016

A cat in the daisies...

"The mystery of Christ is revealed, and the Christ "comes again," whenever we are able to see the spiritual and the material coexisting, in any moment, in any event, and in any person."
Fr. Richard Rohr, Daily Meditation

If this is true, and I believe it is, Christ came again to my backyard on Saturday.  I saw a mysterious cat in the yard, actually Tebow-the-dog found it first.  I thought it would go home on its own, but later, even when I couldn't see it, Tebow found it hiding in the daisies.  I tried to coax it out with a bit of food and it made a very angry face and hissing sound that made me take a few steps back (I'm not a cat person!) I called the one person I knew could help, Porsche from Teton Kennel.  She came over after work with her daughters and a little cat carrier. The cat was hunkered down in the daisies, making itself very hard to see. Porsche, a Cat Whisperer, just reached into the daisies, bare-handed and pulled the cat out by the scruff of its neck and placed it gently in the carrier.  The cat gave a speech, but I didn't understand any of it! Porsche posted the found cat on Facebook and, literally, I kid you not, she'd found the owner within an hour.  The owner was so grateful, explaining the cat had been missing for ten days!  So how in the world is this story Christ coming again? A small creature, loved by God, is gently and lovingly returned home, where it had been mourned and missed for days.  This story's got Christ-coming written all over it!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment