Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Let it go...

"Beloved, we are God's children now, whatever we shall be has not yet been revealed."
1 John 3:2

Happy New Year! I've discerned my little "theme" for 2017 is "Let it go," (please don't sing the song from "Frozen")! I see it as a call to let go of a lot of things...stuff, certainly, as that is a recurring theme for me every year, but this year I feel called to let go of more. I feel called to let go of plans for the future--only God holds my future. Me, making plans, just distracts me from what God may have in mind for me. So, no more counting Mondays until retirement! And, as wise daughter Jeni pointed out one time, my clients deserve someone working for them who isn't counting Mondays!  I feel I need to let go of fear and hold on to hope, especially as our government changes. I feel I need to let go of what may hold me back in loving others fully and compassionately. Some of that may be an odd fear of rejection, but also, just plain laziness.  So, while I don't like to do New Year's resolutions, per say, I do like to narrow down my focus for doing better through the new year.  And this year, it is to Let it go...(oh no, there's that song again!)  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment