Friday, April 28, 2017

Wait and enjoy!

"I tell you, have nothing to do with these men, and let them go..."
Acts 5:38

I always love this reading where the wise Pharisee, Gamaliel, advises the other Pharisees to let the disciples go. If their movement is of human origin it will dissolve naturally, if it is of God, there is no way they can stop it.  Sr. Melannie Svoboda, in her reflection in Living Faith, calls it the "Wait and see" approach and it applies to our lives too.  We all have things we are "waiting to see" in our lives, don't we? Sometimes, I feel like I'm always in "Wait and see" mode! But I would like to add a word to the "Wait and see" approach. I would like to add "Wait, enjoy, and see."  As we are waiting, we need to appreciate the Now, the liminal space, the time of waiting.  There is so much here in the "waiting room" to teach us and for us to enjoy. Today, as we get ready to weekend, let's see, appreciate and enjoy exactly where we are right now.  Let's settle in and enjoy this day. It has much to teach us and much for us to soak up, wring out, and relish.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment