Tuesday, September 5, 2017

A season of new...

"Anticipate all the blessings that take place each day rather than dreading things that may never happen...A positive attitude can assist us in shaping our days."
Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr, "Abide" (as quoted in Give Us This Day)

This is just perfect for the day after a holiday weekend, isn't it? One could feel some drudgery headed back after a lovely respite. One could feel a bit of sadness that summer is winding down. One could have difficulty settling into a new season routine (I need to get to the gym!) Or, one could look at today with excited anticipation and think, What wonderful new adventure awaits me today? OK, I'm not exactly THERE either. But I do appreciate the fact that going into today with a positive attitude would be much better than thinking the worst. My attitude shapes my behavior and my behavior certainly can affect others and their reactions to me. So chin up! Deep cleansing breath! Out we go to discover what wonder God has in store for this nearly-Autumn day...And thanks be to God for walking through it with us.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment