Thursday, September 7, 2017

Answer the call...

"When they brought their boats to the shore, they left everything and followed Jesus."
Luke 5:11

I was thinking about this and wondered about the times I have felt called to do something. Did I leap up and rush to do it? Have I ever followed as eagerly as Peter, James and John in this reading? The "calls" I have received haven't been quite so obvious and vivid as Jesus calling the fishermen on the shore. And he did have to work a fabulous miracle before they left it all behind. The calls I feel I receive start out as a stirring within my heart. An idea about doing something turns into a desire to do it. That desire leads me to investigate the possibility of doing it and then that can lead me to begin doing it. I can't say that I rush into it, leaving everything behind. But I look back and see there have been calls answered, desires tackled and met, even things left behind. All of this is God working within, which is how I believe God works in our lives, from within.  Today, as we go about a short-week Thursday, let's think about the calls we have answered in the past and pray about answering the calls we may be receiving right now in our lives. Eagerly jumping up, leaving whatever else behind and answering the call is us exercising our faith muscle! Can we do it? Jesus is calling! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment