Monday, September 11, 2017

Remember with service

"Lord, take me
where you want me
to go;
Let me meet
who you want me
to meet;
Tell me
what you want me
to say, and
Keep me out
of your way."

--Mychal Judge, O.F.M., Chaplain
New York Fire Department
 
As we remember the terrifying day sixteen years ago, let us especially remember the Saint of 9/11, Fr. Mychal Judge, chaplain of the NYFD. Fr. Judge was one of the first casualties of the WTC as he went in to minister to his men that morning. Jesus told us that greater love has no man than to lay down his life for another, and that is what Fr. Judge did that day. What can we do this day for another person? Can we honor those who were lost on 9/11 by helping someone else today? Let's channel our remembrance, not through bitterness or anger but through service for others. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment