Wednesday, November 29, 2017

I forgive...I really want to

"And if he wrongs you seven times in one day and returns to you seven times saying, 'I am sorry,' you should forgive him."
Luke 17:4

I am revisiting this today because I had a bit of a break-through with it and thought it may be worth sharing. Remember I had prayerfully asked Jesus, what about when the other party doesn't apologize? Are we still to forgive? Jesus had pointed out how forgiveness heals the forgiver, with or without an apology. Well, there's been an issue hanging over my head that I can't seem to get past. It was hurtful and harmful and I can get riled up about it at the drop of a hat, and hats seem to be constantly dropping! I asked Jesus to help me get over it, I'm tired of being angry about it; it needs to go. I was doing some Centering Prayer and, afterward one word popped into my head. Forgive. Just forgive the whole thing; it's the only way out of this anger. No one has apologized, but still the only way out is to forgive. I mentally just kept saying over and over, I forgive. Each time the issue came into my head I chased it out with "I forgive."  I am not completely over it, by any means, but now I have a counter punch whenever the thought seeps back into my brain. I forgive. I want to, I really do. And God can take that willingness and desire and heal my broken heart about this. God just desires my desire to forgive. So, there you go. A bit of rubber-meets-the-road spirituality for your Wednesday.  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment