Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Live gently...

"To live simply is to live gently, keeping in mind always the needs of the planet, other creatures, and the generations to come."
Eknath Easwaran, (As quoted in Richard Rohr's Daily Meditation, 1/31/2018)

Several years ago I made a New Year's resolution I actually kept. Of all the many through the years that went by the wayside by the end of January, the year I vowed to begin recycling was one I still keep. Our city makes it easier with curb-side recycling, but even before that we have recycling bins all around the city. It just makes sense to me and I bristle when I hear people say, "Oh we don't recycle!" Why not? Do you not see that the earth is groaning under our piles and piles of stuff? Do you not rejoice when you see something re-purposed into something else useful? I used to wonder how people could only have a small little bag of trash on the curb while we seemed to have a ton we lugged out on garbage day. Now I know...they must recycle, and so must I! Today, let's think about how living simply and gently could look in our lives. Let's think about how we treat our earthy home and are they ways we could treat it better, with more care and love? It's never too late for a New Year's resolution to reduce, reuse and recycle!  Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment