Thursday, February 1, 2018

Shake it off...

"Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you, leave there and shake the dust off your feet..."
Mark 6:11

Pray-As-You-Go mentions that this passage is Jesus teaching his disciples how to handle rejection. You know rejection--people don't want to hear you or have you around. Ouch, right? But Jesus teaches the Twelve to just brush it off. Don't take things too personally. It's not about you. Even if it feels like it's about you, it isn't. Recently, I've had a wee bit of rejection myself. But God has given me the grace to see it for what it is...not about me. It's much more about a Bigger Picture that has me surrendering to God's plan and God's idea, which are vastly better than my own. So today, this first day of the month of Love, let's take Jesus' advice and learn to accept things that do not seem to be going our way. For in the reality of God, they are working out just the way they should. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment