Thursday, April 26, 2018

Twirling at the crossroads...

"As to (St) Francis, he twirls around like a top at a crossroads to discern which way God wants him to go, and then sets off with utter confidence in the direction where he finally lands."
Fr. Richard Rohr, Daily Meditation, 4/26/2018

I giggled when I read this today because it sounds a wee bit like me, but for the "utter confidence" part. I wish I had more of the utter confidence. I mean, I do, but it is quite buried in the depths of my heart and I need to visit it there often or I will go nuts. I need to just stop my racing brain and sit in stillness, several times a day, in fact. I need to go deep or I will get dizzy from the twirling I am doing at this crossroads! Whenever we make huge changes in our lives we may spin around, but something mysterious lures us in one direction. I have seen it many times in my own life and now see it as our adult kids grow and make changes in their lives. Today, as the school year winds down and big changes are occurring in the lives of many, let's pray that all can find peace deep within. It is there, but we have to stop twirling and tap into it. Love, heidi

(If you would like to receive Fr. Rohr's Daily Meditation, sign up by visiting Rohr Daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment