Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tales from the treehouse...

"Just so, every good tree bears good fruit..."
Matthew 7:15-20

But also, just so, some years the crop may be a bit better than other years, am I right? I'd like to think that I'm a good little tree, bearing good fruit. Thanks be to God, my life has been rich and wonderful, filled with fabulous friends, family, rewarding work and all. But, I am honest in realizing my crop of good fruit was smaller some years than others! Even so, the career that I began August, 1979 in Miles City, Montana, ends today in Idaho. I can honestly say that it's been the best career I could have ever hoped to have, having met such great people and being able to help people, every day, if I did it right. When I prayed, as a high school senior, for God to show me what I was to do, I couldn't imagine how God would lead and guide me into such a lovely life! Now, it's time to move on, move over, actually, to my new home and life in Boise. I hope my new tree there will bear good fruit, too. I plan to continue writing these reflections, as long as God continues to teach me these little life lessons. They may be a bit different, however, as I will be writing from my new home, a third floor apartment with a big tree growing right outside my little balcony. Because of that, the reflections will be called "Tales from the Treehouse" and will begin in a week or two. Blessings and prayers for you and yours and see you soon! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment