Friday, December 14, 2018

God's teaching and leading...

"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I, the Lord your God, teach you what is for your good, and lead you on the way you should go."
Isaiah 48:17

This reading really hits home for me this year, as I sit watching the sun rise (the sun is as lazy as me this morning!) I feel like God has been leading me and teaching me, so vividly, these last several years; ever since I really made an effort to pay attention. I felt so led to move to Boise, to work at Hawthorne, to live at Liberty Lake Apartments--all of it has been such a gift from God. But it certainly isn't the end of God's teaching and leading! Each day I am invited to learn more, especially now that I'm in such new environs. Each day I am invited to follow God's lead somewhere, to meet someone. God's leading and teaching may not feel as dramatic as it did six months ago when the UHaul headed west on I-86, but it is there in subtle, yet unmistakable, ways. The student that needs an extra dose of my patience (which sometimes seems lacking). The three hundred fellow tenants here who may need a wee bit of understanding and leeway. God has even led me to take the city bus when I go downtown to protect all other Boise residents from my feeble driving-in-traffic skills. God leads us and teaches us each day, and by reflecting at the end of the day in the Examen prayer, we can see just how. Blessings on your third weekend in Advent! We get to Rejoice! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment