Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Open heart, open ears...

"God of whispers and shouts of joy,
Unclog my heart stuffed with me and my struggles
so it can become a listening, hearing Advent heart."
Fr. Ed Hays, "Meeting Christ at Broadway and Bethlehem"

This seems to be the message I am getting in my private prayer lately. Listen more, talk less. Ask questions, don't give speeches or talk endlessly about yourself. It's a message I definitely need to hear and heed! It is especially powerful to connect the heart with the ability to listen, too. The ears and the heart are several inches away from each other, but they need to work in tandem. If the heart is open and eager to receive, the ears will be too. If our hearts are so stuffed full of ourselves, there is no room for others. The ears may as well be closed, too, for the needs and concerns of those around us go unheard. Today, I will pray this beautiful little prayer with Ed Hays...Unclog my heart, open my ears! Love, heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment