Monday, December 3, 2018

Teach me, O Tree...

"...guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and for you I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:5

Even though I now gaze at my tree from the warmth of a comfy rocking chair instead of from the balcony, the tree continues to teach me. There are many leaves still clinging to the branches, pale green and reluctant to fall to the earth. No wonder they're reluctant to fall, who knows what awaits them down below? I wonder if I'm like the clingy leaves, reluctant to let go and embrace the season of winter. I am more of a fair-weather fan and winter has always sort of scared me. Some of my fear may be realistic, but most is just silly. I look at the lingering, clinging leaves and they seem to say to me, "This is nuts, we should just let go and fall already!" As should I. I should let go and embrace the mystery of creation as it enters into the beauty of winter. Love, heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment