Friday, December 7, 2018

Waiting, for what?

"If we believe with all our hearts that we are infused with the presence of our liberator God, why do we cry out to be set free?"
Fr. Ed Hays, "Meeting Christ at Broadway and Bethlehem"

Fr. Ed has a great point. "Has Christ come, or are we still waiting?" (same book) Indeed. What are we waiting for, really? Do we believe that the risen Christ resides within us or are we waiting for something new to happen? Advent doesn't beckon us to welcome a baby...that's too easy. I think Advent calls us to look deep inside and see that we already have what we think we seek. Jesus is already there. We just may need the quiet darkness of Advent to look inside. In reading back on old journals, I can see a pattern in my journaling. I get really fed up with the waiting of Advent around the end of Week Two. And now, perhaps, I can see why--the conundrum of seemingly waiting for what I already have. Jesus, who patiently waits with me as I impatiently wait...for what I have already. There's a little something to ponder this weekend! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment