Monday, January 21, 2019

Like a bridegroom and his bride...

..."and as a bridegroom rejoices in his bride so shall your God rejoice in you."
Isaiah 62:5

My ears perked up when I heard this at mass yesterday. Our son just proposed to his wonderful girlfriend while they were in Australia and New Zealand. Last evening, we got to see them for the first time since their engagement and hear all about their adventures. It doesn't seem possible that God could rejoice in us more than this young couple rejoices in each other! But I know it's true...It makes me tear up to realize that so much love exists; I can't begin to comprehend it.  But it does and it is showered upon us constantly. Isaiah uses the example of a bridegroom and his bride to illustrate the most powerful love human beings can experience and thus, fathom, and still, God's love is so much more. To see a young couple so in love, though, I feel I've gotten a glimpse and it's so fabulous... Blessings on your Monday! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment