Sunday, January 13, 2019

Message to us, too!

"You are my beloved; with you I am well pleased."
Luke 3:22

One thing I noticed with this reading is that the voice from heaven is affirming Jesus, not talking to the crowd telling them who Jesus is. Had you noticed that before? God is letting Jesus know that he is loved and appreciated and, here's the thing: Jesus hadn't really even started his ministry yet! God isn't expressing appreciation for what Jesus has done because Jesus is just getting started! So, what about us? Can we imagine God saying this to us? Maybe each morning, before we even begin our day? Before we have a chance to get out there and make busy doing what we think will please God? Because, I believe, God loves and affirms us just on the basis of having created us. God loves what God creates--God actually loves us into being. There is nothing we need to do to earn God's love, nothing we can do really. So, this morning, let's prayerfully imagine God greeting us this very day with this very greeting: You are my beloved, with you I am well pleased! With that in our hearts, we will have a fabulous day! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment