Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Simply living simply?

"If we follow Jesus we need to live simply--it's not just giving up possessions but about putting Christ at the center of our lives."
Pray-As-You-Go, January 15, 2019

It's no  secret that living simply has been a theme for me the past several years. But Pray-As-You-Go really gave me pause today when they pointed out that Jesus should be the one replacing all the surplus possessions and the focus of the extra time I find with a simpler life. It's one thing to get rid of stuff, live small and clutter-free. It's another thing altogether to put Jesus at the center of my life. Am I truly putting Jesus front and center of my simple life, or am I just simply living simply? I mean, it sure is fashionable now to declutter and downsize, isn't it? Am I just doing it to be eccentrically interesting or can I fill up the new empty spaces with Jesus? These are ponderous questions, Friends, and, if I can pull myself away from Netflix long enough, perhaps I will ponder them! No really, what do we fill our empty spaces with as we uncover more time in our lives? Let's pray with these questions today! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment