Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Healing and health

"The Lord heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Psalm 147:3

So, I whined pretty much all day yesterday about how I had to mow the lawn last night. Clearly, my zeal for the lawn this time of year can be measured in negative numbers. I'm sick of it. But, as I mowed, I thought of the Middletons. I bet they would give anything to be doing something as mundane as mowing the lawn. You see, their nineteen year old son is having scary open heart surgery today in San Diego. Yes, I bet they would trade me any day of the week. And isn't that just the way it is? We take so much for granted in our lives. I've raised three teenagers and the last thing I worried about was them getting some horrible illness requiring open heart surgery! That wasn't even on my radar and yet, here it happens. So, today, as we go about our mundane daily lives, think and pray for those who would give anything for an ordinary day. And let's lift up Dominic and his family to the care of the Divine Healer. Amen. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment