Tuesday, August 23, 2011

God loves us anyway...

"O Lord, you have probed me and you know me; you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar, my journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar."

Psalm 139

And the most astounding part is, "you love me anyway..." The deepest part of ourselves that we work so hard to keep hidden never separates us from God. God knows it, sees it, and loves us anyway. The deepest part of ourselves, the part we never let company see, God knows and still loves. That, to me, is incredible! That certainly doesn't mean we aren't to try to do better. That knowledge of God's mercy and love for us should make us want to do better. But, as we feel the frustration of seeming to make the same mistakes, again and again, we know there is a tender arm around our shoulder. God sees and appreciates our efforts to improve. God loves us with the tenderness of a mother to her child, only more so. Today, let's throw the doors to our deepest selves wide open and let God in, as Oswald Chambers suggest in "My Utmost for His Highest." With God dwelling in our deepest selves, we cannot lose. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment