Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today is It!

"I wonder, if in looking for God in my life, I don't make the same mistake: Expecting the will of God, or the work of God to be something apart from the ordinary, something clearly stamped with the divine seal."
The Little Blue Book

This really hit home for me today because it is such a recurring theme of my journey. I always wonder if God doesn't have some exciting, elaborate plans for me, all the while I go about my daily life. I wonder if I'm missing the message of what I should be doing and I'm just here idling, waiting for the Big Thing I am to do. And, while I am doing that, people come into my life; strangers, friends, family, and our lives intersect and finally it dawns on me. I'm already doing it. I think it was a Beatles song that said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..." Today, let's be aware of our seemingly ordinary lives and realize that God is working in us and through us right now. Today. The will or the work of God is being carried out in each and every minute we live this day. Today is special. Today is the day marked with God's Divine Seal. Today is The Day. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment