Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The love of God...

"I could more easily contain the Gulf of Mexico in a shot glass than I can comprehend the wild, uncontainable love of God."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

The one thing that I have learned as an aging person is, the older I get, the less I have figured out. And the one thing I completely realize I don't have figured out is God. We have some knowledge of God and we certainly are encouraged to get to know God throughout our lives, granted. But, just when I feel I have grasped God, God surprises me again. Sometimes it helps to have a visual for our beliefs and this quote gives me a great one...the Gulf of Mexico in a shot glass! I also love the phrase, the "uncontainable love of God." Isn't that splendid? Today, let's not try to figure out the love of God...let's just bask in it. Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment