Monday, April 30, 2012

Filled with Christ

"The smiling Christ heals and liberates."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

My tulips are especially wonderful this year, but after a day of harsh weather, I noticed four of the tulips buds had broken off and lay limp in the dirt. I didn't know if it would work, but I put them into a glass of water. Their heads hung pathetically over the rim of the glass...they were a sad lot. The next morning, however, I was surprised to see them all upright and one was getting ready to open! It reminded me of how Jesus can heal and liberate, just as Brennan Manning says in today's devotion. The smiling Christ raises up our weary heads and infuses our rubbery stems with strength! Jesus does that for us, because we are to go out and do that for others. Today, let's think about how our lives are infused with Christ and how, because of that, we can do anything! We are strong and beautiful, because Jesus makes us so....love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment