Wednesday, April 11, 2012

In our midst

"Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread."
Luke 24:35

We all can look back and see that we've had these Emmaus Road experiences on our journey. We may have them continually, and marvel each time we recognize Jesus in our daily life. I can think back, though, very specifically to 1998 and the Cursillo, where this scripture truly came alive for me and I recognized Jesus in the breaking of the bread. I had been a believer as long as I could remember, but it was a deeply true recognition that it was Jesus and he was here with me, and would always be here with me. It was such a turning-point in my journey! Today, let's spend some time, quietly alone with Jesus, and recall the times we recognized Jesus in our own lives...in the breaking of the bread, or in the laughter of a friend, or in the arm around our shoulder when we were struggling. Jesus is in our midst every minute of every day...let's not miss him! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment