Thursday, April 12, 2012

Who is Jesus?

"The challenge, so keenly put in the New Testament, 'Who do you say that I am?' is addressed to each of us. Who is the Jesus of you own interiority? Describe the Christ that you have personally encountered on the grounds of your own self."
Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins"

One thing that jumps out at me when I think of my personal encounters with Jesus, is that Jesus had time for me. So often, when meeting with people of importance, you get a snippet or two of their time and that is all. Especially our dear, over-worked clergy have so many people to care for they may only have time for the Bless-n-Run. But, when I had a personal encounter with Jesus during a time of deep meditation, he had all the time in the world for me, and that stood out in my mind. I remember chuckling later...as busy as Jesus must be, and he lingered with me! And, that he does, Friends. Jesus longs to linger with us, hear about our day, comfort us and boost us up so we can get out there and do it again tomorrow. So, the great question today..."Who do you say that I am?" Who is Jesus in your day, in your world? Good for a ponder...love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment