Thursday, April 19, 2012

Our work is a gift...

"If you realize that your whole life is a gift from God, you work in a different mode: calmly and harmoniously."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "This is the Day the Lord Has Made"

Some days, my work is not always calm and harmonious! Even when one has the "best job in the world," which I have, there are days that don't go exactly right and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. But, it is true, as Fr. Stinissen relates here, when we see everything in our lives as gift, our work is definitely on the list. In pondering this, let's think of how we got started doing what we do...what led us to our work? Can we see God's tracks there? Can we see mentors and teachers along our path that inspired us to do what we do? I smiled to myself the other day, imagining some of my early teachers in blind rehabilitation and how, over thirty years later, they would be awed by the changes in the field! Thinking of my work as a gift from God can truly put those challenging days into perspective for me. What is God trying to teach me with these challenges? Is God simply raising the bar for me to be better at what I do? Today, let's think of our work as a special gift and see how that changes how we do it! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment