Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Stir it up!

"For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have through the imposition of my hands."
2 Timothy 1:6

This is an exciting and worthwhile challenge from Paul to Timothy (and us), but the question may be how to we do this "stirring?" Think back on the times we have felt the stirring of the Holy Spirit...at a retreat, Cursillo, daily or weekly mass, silent prayer, all-of-the-above? We need to put ourselves in places and situations that we can feel enveloped by God. So much of what I've read this morning has called me to silence--prolonged silence, like the retreat I made last summer. But, I also know that I've felt the power of the Holy Spirit in foot-stomping, hand-raising praise and worship with others, too. We need to carve out time and come with openness to God. It is all gift to us, there for the taking. We just need to make ourselves available and grasp it! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment