Friday, June 8, 2012

Jesus, Friend of Sinners...

"Jesus, friend of sinners
The truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You
But they're tripping over me..."
Casting Crowns, "Jesus Friend of Sinners," from the album Come To the Well

This is the kind of song that you pull the car over when you hear it. Whoa! Did I hear that right? "The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me?" Trouble is, it rang true the first time I heard it and each time since, and I've played it a million times! The song is about self-righteousness and how we point our fingers at others, when, actually, we are the lepers. "A plank-eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided." Oh my! And yet, so true.
When will we learn that we aren't right or perfect, just forgiven? I urge you to listen and learn from this song. You can hear it on You Tube (link below). Let's ponder and pray this song this weekend...Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment