Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Don't miss a minute!

The other night, as I was going into the baseball game, a little cub scout was handing out Hawaiian leis for a special promotion. I was more interested in picking a color that matched my outfit, but the little scout was more concerned that I noticed the free snow-cone coupon that was attached to the lei. He was the cutest little guy in the world and he was so excited for me to appreciate the free snow-cone. The whole incident made me realize that I'd missed the whole summer. "Wow, that's a stretch," you may be saying. "How did she get there?" Well, it was late August and this was my first baseball game, and, sad to admit, I haven't even had a snow-cone yet this summer! These times and seasons of our lives go by way too fast. Are we fully engaged in these times we will look back on later? Are we taking them all in enough so we can pull them out of our memories and savor them again? Maybe the little cub scout reminded me of Blaine as a little gaffer...a time that was way too fleeting. As we begin, today, going back to real life as we know it, let's take care not to miss the moments! Love, heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment