Thursday, August 23, 2012

Serenity. Now!

"You can't conquer the negative by constantly focusing on it; it can only be done by developing what is positive."
Fr. Wilfrid Stinissen, "The is the Day the Lord Has Made"

Wow, if this wasn't written for me today nothing ever was! I get so frustrated and stirred up by things I cannot change, I can really work myself into a stew. And me, wallowing in that, does absolutely no good whatsoever! The better approach would probably be to calm down, take a step back and become more prayerful (and less vocal!) about things that get me riled. The world will continue to spin around and, somehow, things will all shake out in the end. If you find yourself getting worked up over something you cannot change, let's all take a deep breath and heed Fr. Wilfrid today. The Serenity Prayer comes to mind:
God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment